Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Ahhh, the refreshing smell of family....

Every year my wife's family has a huge 4th of July hootenanny. Or maybe it's a shindig. Anyhoo, it's a big party. Some years up to 100 people (they are mormon, so it's a big family.)

This year it's being hosted by her brother and his wife. It's kind of an official event, with invitations being sent out (including a task of which food to bring.) Everyone else has received an invitation. We haven't.

So, we're not sure what to do. Did they just overlook us? Or, since we have been "living in sin" until recently, did they decide they don't want to associate with us? Who knows. And honestly, I tend to find them to be self-righteous pricks anyway, so I don't think I'd be heartbroken if we didn't go. On the other hand, it's her family, and she'll want to go. Plus, it's lots of free food. And they have a hot tub. Hot tubs rule.

If we do go, I'm going to make sure I go topless, into the hot tub, so everyone can see my tattoos and nipple piercings. That should be fun, watching the various looks of disdain and indignation.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go polish my nipple rings. I want to make sure that the sun glints majestically off of them as my sinful flesh enjoys the massaging warming goodness that is a hot tub.

1 comments:

Ian said...

There was a lot of imagery in there. I may sue you to get you to pay for the therapy.