I recently (as in 20 minutes ago) discovered that Willie Nelson and Wynton Marsalis put out a blues album. Together. Wynton and Willie. Performing. Together. The Blues. Together.
I don't know if you will understand my abundance of joy at this news or not. Willie Nelson is awesome. Wynton Marsalis is a virtuoso trumpet player and is phenomenal at both jazz and classical playing. The two of them together has the potential to be amazing, like chocolate and peanut butter dipped in the blues and smothered with incredible talent.
I've only listened to two or three tracks so far, but this is great jazz. There's been some great playing not only from Marsalis, but also whoever (I haven't looked at the credits yet) is on the harmonica, saxophone, and bass. Everyone has had a chance to shine, and I'm only 10 minutes in.
I have to admit I'm getting nostalgic listening to this. It's the kind of stuff I used to play. I used to be either the guy kicking back laying down a bass groove or stepping out front to do a tenor sax solo. That part of my life is dead and buried, but every once in a while the zombie awakens, shambles forth from the tomb, and attempts to devour my braaaaaains.
Anyway, here's a sample.
CALDONIA
Friday, August 8, 2008
Holy farking schmidt!
Posted by
Porthos
at
11:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
That is awesome. I need that CD
Post a Comment