Sunday, August 17, 2008

White people are odd.

I frequent an internet forum that is mostly (one assumes, and it's a reasonable assumption as I've seen pics of many of them) of pasty white nerds.

Recently, there has been much praise on said boards for an album by one Saul Williams, entitled "The Inevitable Rise and Liberation of Niggy Tardust!"

So I checked it out. It's a hip-hop influenced album that uses the "n-word" about 372.2 times. Now, this doesn't bug me, really, as that's quite common in hip-hop and rap. I was just surprised to hear it, considering the base of people whom I had heard about the album from (i.e pale, computer gaming, xbox loving, white anglo-saxon protestants.)

That said, I'm not a big fan of the genre, so I don't love the album. However, there are a couple gems, including a cover of U2's "Sunday Bloody Sunday," which I will link here for your listening pleasure. It was a surprise to hear, since it's completely NOT like the rest of the album.

Oh, and if you think it sounds oddly like Nine Inch Nails, that would be because Trent Reznor produced the album.

Sunday Bloody Sunday

1 comments:

Ian said...

White people are crazy