I felt a headache coming on today, and it seemed like it was going to be a doozy. So, I reached for my bottle of Excedrin Migraine (good stuff) and downed 3 of them.
About 30 minutes later I started feeling...odd. I couldn't keep my eyes open, I literally felt like I was going to just pass out, and the world was spinning.
At first I was confused. "Why am I so tired," I asked myself, "when I got over 8 hours of sleep last night?"
The feeling started getting worse. Then it hit me. I looked at the pill bottle to confirm, and my suspicions were proven correct - in big, bold letter, the label on the bottle proclaimed "EXCEDRIN PM."
I was working at the time, so I took my lunch 2 hours early and slept for an hour. I almost didn't wake back up, fortunately the ringing on the alarm on my phone finally got through the foggy haze surrounding my cerebral cortex.
I still felt like fecal matter, though. Luckily, work was slow, and a little after 3pm they offered to let some folks go home early. I jumped on this like I was a white women getting on one of the last life boats on the Titanic, and immediately went to bed.
Finally, just more than 4 hours later, I awoke. I still feel pretty beat, though. Who would have thought that 3 little pills would do that? I've taken PM before, but almost always at night, and once I took one in the daytime when I had a headache but no normal painkiller around.
Long story short, it kicked my @$$. I will definitely be more careful!
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
That was fun. Really!
Posted by
Porthos
at
7:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
My favorite thing about this is the comparison of a white women getting off the titanic. That was awesome.
Haha, I feel the same way Brock does. Best analogy I have ever heard.
Post a Comment