Although today turned out being pretty good, it didn't start that way.
I awoke in a worse-than-usual foggy haze of delirium and a general state of "whatever omnipresent or omnipowerful being that happens to rule this universe, PLEASE let me go back to bed for an hour or twenty."
In addition to this, my computer has been doing this little thing where it likes to frustrate me by not booting. Today it took 15 minutes of turning it off and on to get it to work.
Work had a bad habit of sucking today. Lots of calls, exasperated by me just feeling like I wished I could vanish. My wife was in a bad mood because we're slightly under financed at the moment and she thought she couldn't go down to see her newborn nephew and see her parents on Wednesday, which also happens to be her dad's birthday. So neither of us were happy campers, and we spent most of the morning scowling at each other and wishing things were different.
Then Jen went to work, and my work started slowing down a little (after a period where it got insanely busy for this time of year,) to the point where I was able to hop on World of Warcraft and level my lowbie Paladin to 20.
After work ended, I checked the mail and there was a happy surprise: my $600 stimulus payment from the IRS. So I was able to not be overdrawn, give Jen some money for her trip, and buy a UPS for my computer. Which meant I was happier, Jen was happier, and through some fluke, my computer has been booting perfectly. So I figure there are some crappy wiring issues in my house, and the UPS ensures constant and clean power. Hopefully that keeps up.
To top the night off, my buddy Dave ran me through some quests in WoW and I got a sweet weapon for my Paladin, as well as hitting 21.
Following this, I spent 20 minutes riding 5 miles on our exercise bike, and also I managed to keep myself under 1800 calories for the day, small victory there.
So, things ended much better than they started.
Now, here's some music I've been enjoying from Tegan & Sara: The Con.
Relief Next To Me
Monday, August 25, 2008
Today was a decent day.
Posted by
Porthos
at
10:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I haven't hit the bike at all this week. Stupid illness. Good job at doing that.
Post a Comment